I offer a comprehensive copy-editing and content-management service.
I specialise in the production and copy-editing of marketing materials such as newsletters, magazines and prospectuses. I also edit and manage website content.Diogenes
In addition to basic proofreading, the Diogenes copy-editing service involves:
- enhancing the overall readability of the text, improving the use of vocabulary and sentence structure to ensure clarity
- ensuring that the text flows fluidly and logically between sentences
- ensuring that the overall tone is appropriately formal, amending the text where necessary
- ensuring consistency throughout the document
- suggesting alternative wording where necessary
- providing appropriately detailed feedback on the overall text
How I copy-edit
I use Track Changes, a built-in tool in Microsoft Office. It records any changes — such as deletions, insertions and formatting — made in a document. It is useful in the proofreading and copy-editing process because it allows the document’s original author to see what changes have been made to a document by the proofreader/copy-editor and to accept or reject them.
When I return your document to you, I will include an easy-to-follow guide on using Track Changes.
I can copy-edit documents in most formats, including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, PDFs and Adobe InDesign.
Depending on the exact nature of the document and the agreed deadline, the enhanced copy-editing service is £12 per 1000 words. This assumes a 72-hour turnaround.
Get in touch
Contact me to see examples of my work.